Job/Intern Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service
County Extension Director
Indianapolis, IN 46205 United States
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
The County Extension Director will manage all aspects of the operations of Purdue Extension – Marion County to include; planning, directing, administering and implementing activities related to the county Plan on Work. Focus is on the strategic implementation, marketing and fund raising as well as the day-to-day administration and management of the organization.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate successful grant writing and fundraising ability. The successful candidate will provide leadership and motivation, while challenging current employees to achieve excellence in 4-H Youth Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Health and Human Sciences, and Economic and Community Development programming in a vibrant, growing, urban population area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Promote the vision and mission of Purdue Cooperative Extension Service within the community. Establish and develop relationships with local officials, the extension board and PCARET while maintaining a high degree of program visibility.
• Serve as department head responsible to local government and Purdue CES.
• Prepare annual operating plan and budget as well as maintain financial systems, controls, and reporting.
• Encourage grantsmanship and other funding options to augment state and county resources.
• Provide leadership and oversight for local Extension educational programming.
• Partner with the Extension Board in the long-range strategic planning process.
• Responsible for the administration and supervision of all county Purdue staff, county staff and grant funded employees.
Purdue University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer.
Education, training, experience:
Successful candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with a successful track record in business management, development and/or fundraising, including experience with local government and other non-profit agencies. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills are required. The ability to effectively motivate and lead an office team is imperative. Master’s degree in a related field required. This position is located in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN. Evening and weekend work will be required. Valid driver’s license required. A check of criminal conviction records and DMV records will be made for employment in this position.
Terms & Conditions