Job/Intern Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
University of Georgia
County Extension Agent - Washington County
Sandersville, GA 31082 United States
$40,400/year minimum for Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) in appropriate subject area as well as an excellent benefits package is available as a faculty member of the University of Georgia.
This position is responsible for coordinating the Family and Consumer Sciences program in the geographic area offering programs
about food safety, parenting, money management, nutrition, and related subject matter areas.
Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs and assist in developing nutrition education programs
• Develops plan of work that meets the needs of families in work group counties.
• Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
• Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to implement programs
• Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s knowledge of Extension programs
• Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
• Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
• Develops and presents educational information targeted for different audiences; assists with 4-H youth development competitions and events associated with FACS issue areas
• Ensures the Civil Rights/Equal Employment Opportunity plan of UGA Cooperative Extension is followed and that clientele understand that Extension offers educational programs, assistance, and materials to all people without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status
• See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a generic listing of other responsibilities.
• This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required. Authorized travel expenses are reimbursed.
Application Procedures: To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by February 10th, 2013. Apply online at
www.ugajobsearch.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=61184 (Posting Number 20130032 under “Staff” or “County Extension Agents”. Mail original transcripts and direct any questions to: UGA CAES Business Office, 215 Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602, Phone: (706) 542-1147, firstname.lastname@example.org
Education, training, experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Family and Consumer Sciences, Nutrition, Food Science/Safety, Health, Human Development, Financial Management, Housing, or related area (Master’s degree strongly preferred)
• Successful experience in program development and management, demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management, and
• The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs, relate to diverse audiences, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task, serve as a team member and work with groups and committees.
Terms & Conditions